With Israel in crisis, we stand together fully focused on helping and praying for Medinat Yisrael and Am Yisrael.
Please visit this page for daily updates on the initiatives underway, both in and out of the classrooms of SAR Academy & SAR High School.
- The SAR community has raised nearly $415,000 to support fundraising campaigns and projects, both big and small, aimed at assisting Israel. While we continue to make allocations, we invite you to see below the growing list of initiatives supported by our community’s generosity.
- From now until Motzaei Shabbat, a generous SAR family will match every contribution, up to $100,000, that SAR allocates to support mobile interventional therapy services for families in the areas affected in the south. We have so far raised over $27,000. Please support this effort today by clicking here.
We are eager to harness this incredible momentum. Give today at this link to help grow the SAR Supports Israel Fund.
Funds have already been distributed to:
- SHIELDS OF STEEL – $10,000 FOR TRANSPORTING EQUIPMENT
ShieldsofSteel.org works closely with suppliers, handles all logistical/regulatory barriers, and ensures delivery of gear.
- AM ECHAD – $25,000 FOR VESTS AND HELMETS
Via this nonprofit advocacy organization committed to strengthening the connection between Israel and Diaspora Jewry.
- THE MAKO GROUP – $2,500 FOR EQUIPMENT TRANSPORT
A group of former Israeli Secret Service agents (Shin Bet) working directly with El Al and UPS ensuring equipment is delivered.
- SOROKA MEDICAL CENTER – $40,000 FOR MEDICAL CARE
The only medical center in Southern Israel and the command center for the hospital’s emergency response.
- LEKET ISRAEL – $50,000 FOR FOOD SUPPORT
To provide cooked meals and baby supplies to residents in need in the south, and supporting local suffering businesses.
- NATAL-THE ISRAEL TRAUMA & RESILIENCY CENTER – $40,000 FOR MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
- ERETZ CHEMDA – $5,000 FOR MILITARY EQUIPMENT
- RAV RIMON / WORLD MIZRACHI – $10,000 FOR SUPPLIES AND MILITARY EQUIPMENT
To secure/deliver food, clothing, toiletries, phone chargers, and different kinds of protective specialized military equipment.
- ALMAGOR ISRAEL FUND – $1,000 FOR MILITARY EQUIPMENT
- BAR ILAN UNIVERSITY – $3,000 FOR MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
For handheld ultrasound machines for emergency field use.
- YASHAR L’CHAYIL – $1,000 FOR HUMANITARIAN SUPPORT AND COMFORT TO SOLDIERS
Dedicated to helping Israeli soldiers and making their service more comfortable while they are protecting the Jewish homeland.
- FEED ISRAEL – $1,000 FOR FOOD SUPPORT
Delivery of grocery packages to needy Israeli families.
- PIZZA IDF – $1,000 FOR FOOD SUPPORT
To raise food and other items for IDF soldiers.
- BEIT HAKNESSET HARAMBAN – $1,000 FOR SUPPLIES
To purchase 15,000 power banks for soldiers.
- DUVDEVAN UNIT – $2,500 FOR EQUIPMENT
Funds used to provide sewing machines needed to repair gear after battle.
- EIN PRAT – THE ACADEMY FOR LEADERSHIP – $770 FOR EQUIPMENT
Funds used to provide a soldier with a vest and helmet.
- DIVISION 551 GDUD 669 PALSAR HOD – $2,536 FOR EQUIPMENT
Funds used to purchase new boots.
- UNIFORMS FOR ISRAELI RESERVE UNIT – $1,000
- MATAN B’SETER HASHMONAIM – $1,000 FOR MILITARY EQUIPMENT FOR CHASHMONAIM COMMUNITY
- CHASHMONAIM COMMUNITY – $1,000 FOR MILITARY EQUIPMENT
- EASTERN BORDER TOWN FUND – $2,500 FOR MILITARY EQUIPMENT
- TZANCHANIM BATTALION – $1,000 FOR MILITARY EQUIPMENT
Funds used for helmets.
- ALMAGOR ISRAEL FUND – $1,000 FOR MILITARY EQUIPMENT
- KIBBUTZ MASHABEI SADEH – $2,500 FOR SUPPLIES
Funds used for essential supplies for the evacuees at Kibbutz Mashabei Sadeh.
- THE GUSH ETZION FOUNDATION – $1,000 FOR GENERAL WELFARE
To assist and promote the communities and residents of Gush Etzion.
- AMERICAN FRIENDS OF SHEBA MEDICAL CENTER – $1,000 FOR MEDICAL SUPPORT
American Friends of Sheba Medical Center (AFSMC) is dedicated to raising awareness and philanthropic support across the U.S. for Sheba Medical Center’s compassionate clinical care, comprehensive educational training, humanitarian missions, cutting edge research, and medical innovation.
- ISRAEL ALLIANCE – $1,000 FOR GENERAL WELFARE
The Israel Alliance organizes complimentary pastor tours and subsidized missions, teaches the Bible to the masses, and raises critical funds for Israel’s needy.
- EMERGENCY SHELTER FOR DISPLACED RESIDENTS – $700 FOR HOUSING SUPPORT
Funds will sponsor a family for an entire week.
- PASSION FOR A PURPOSE FOUNDATION – $1,000
Passion For A Purpose is home to The PFAP Foundation, which supports community projects that advance Judaism, Zionism and pro-Israel sentiment as well as the welfare of the Jewish people in the Jewish State.
- KFAR AZA COMMUNITY – $2,500
- BROTHERS IN ARMS – $35,000
- TALMUD ISRAELI – $40,000
Talmud Israeli bridges age groups and invites learners of all ages to participate in the worldwide Daf Yomi learning experience, while also focusing on modern Israel and Jewish history.
- YASHAR LACHAYAL – $1,250
Yashar LaChayal was duly established as a recognized non-profit organization in Israel and the United States, dedicated to helping Israeli soldiers and making their service more comfortable while they are protecting the Jewish homeland
- KAL GAV TRADE LTD – $2,536 – NEW BOOTS FOR DIVISION 551 GDUD 669 PALSAR HOD
- GRILLING FOR IDF – $250 – FOR FEEDING SOLDIERS
- SULAMOT – $10,000 – FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR SOLDIERS AND FAMILIES
- ARMORED COMPANY – $250
- JEWISH NATIONAL FUND – $250 – FOR ESSENTIALS FOR EVACUTEES
- GIRLFRIENDS OF FALLEN IDF – $250
The GFIDF was founded in 1998 to provide psychological and emotional support to the unmarried partners of fallen IDF soldiers
- KIBBUTZ ALUMIM – $2,500 – FOR THE KIBBUTZ INFRASTRUCTURE
- ZAKA – $500
ZAKA does the remarkable work of gathering the different parts of bodies to make sure people are buried “whole” as commanded by the Torah.
This is a growing list and more allocations will be made. If you are aware of a project that we should know about, please email it to [email protected].
- WhatsApp Group: Click here to join the 500+ member SAR Israel Support Network for information, resources, and volunteer opportunities.
- Advocacy Initiative: Help us reach out to our elected officials. Contact [email protected] if interested.
- Essential Items Collection: Donate items for care packages to the Lone Soldiers at the Michael Levin Base. Order from this Amazon link to help.
- High School Club Fundraising Efforts: The Health Club raised over $500 for helmets and vests for chayalim on the northern border by selling smoothies during lunch. The Cookies for a Cause club sold baked goods with all proceeds going toward chayalim.
We connected with our SAR family in Israel.
SAR High School
Letter Writing: Students have been writing letters to President Biden, Mayor Eric Adams, and Congressman Ritchie Torres.
Stand with Israel Rally: Hundreds of students, faculty, and parents attended a rally in midtown on Tuesday, Oct. 10th to stand with Israel.
Connecting with Bronx Leadership: On Friday, Oct. 13, when some schools considered closing due to threats of violence, Congressman Ritchie Torres, Bronx Borough President Vanessa L. Gibson, and Bronx District Attorney Darcel D. Clark stood shoulder to shoulder with SAR Academy & SAR High School students and teachers to offer their unwavering support and prayers for Israel. After assisting students in packing essential equipment and supplies to be airlifted to Israel, Congressman Torres visited SAR High School where he addressed the entire student body and took questions.
Letters to Chayalim: Students have sent hundreds of letters to chayalim, which have been hand-delivered to Tzahal bases throughout Israel.
Within 48 hours of receiving letters written by our students, pictures and messages of gratitude from chayalim have made their way back to SAR. The High School even received a call from the captain of an Air Force base who has many of our students’ letters taped up in his operations room. He knew who to call because each letter was on SAR letterhead.
Connecting with Our Family in Israel
- We have remained in contact with our alumni both in Israel and on college campuses to provide support and guidance during this time.
- Students are in touch with previous students and faculty now in Israel to let them know we are thinking of them.
- Students are texting, emailing, and sending video messages of encouragement to chayalim from our community.
- Students are “adopting” a friend or family member who may require our tefilot at this time. Please share the names of people here.
We have many alumni, parents, and faculty currently serving in the IDF and helping on the ground. Please keep them in your thoughts and tefilot.
Reach to Teach
- Our faculty have launched this educational website designed to support, and cater to the educational needs of, the children of Israel who are currently out of school because of the war.
- If you know a family that could benefit from this resource, please share it.