2. Personal Information Collected. We maintain this Site for informational purposes and in order to facilitate your interaction with us. At our Site, we only collect personally identifiable data when voluntarily and knowingly submitted by a visitor. You can have general access to our Site and browse pages describing our school without providing any personal information or being required to register at our Site. However, you may not be able to access all parts of our Site or interact with us online without supplying personal information. For example, you may need to provide us with your personal information in order to complete online forms or applications. If you register with the Site you will be provided with a Username and Password which you must provide to us to login and to obtain access to password protected portions of our site. If you ask to receive additional information, we will ask you to provide us with your personal information so we can contact you to respond to your request. We also will receive your personal information if you submit it to us when you e-mail comments to the Site or if you complete surveys, or take part in e-commerce on our Site.
3. Use of Information. We do not disclose any of your personal information to anyone, other than to our affiliates, except as permitted by law, such as to our attorneys, and certain servic providers, such as third-party web site hosts. We will only release information about you if you direct us to do so, if compelled to do so by law or in connection with any government or self-regulatory organization request or investigation. We may also disclose information you provide to us to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf. If such a disclosure is made, we will require such third-parties to treat your private information with confidentiality.
4. Cookies. Visitors to our Site should be aware that non-personal information and data may be automatically collected by our Site through the use of “cookies.” “Cookies” are small pieces of data sent to your computer browser from our web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. The data identifies you as a unique user and facilitates your ongoing access to and use of the Site. Cookies are used by us to recognize repeat visitors, frequency of visitor use, store user preferences, and to track information and usage behavior. By tracking user trends and patterns of how people search, we can better understand our user base. This helps us deliver better and more personalized services, improve the content and
administration of our Site, facilitate use of our Site by visitors and generally enhance your online experience when you visit our Site. Cookies also help us to diagnose problems with our server. We use “cookie” technology only to compile aggregate data about your visits to our Site and not to obtain personal information. We may use this information to collect demographic information and develop statistics about our user base. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to block all cookies from being loaded onto your computer or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please be aware, however, that refusing cookies can affect the performance of web sites and cause some parts of our Site to not function properly.
5. Shared Aggregating Data. We may share aggregate, statistical and other non-personal information with certain other third-parties with which we have a relationship. For example, we may share aggregate information or statistics obtained from the use of “cookies” or information you provide us as described above, which does not identify you personally, such as user volume and demographics, click-stream patterns and the domain name of the site from which visitors are connecting. Always remember that the choice to provide us with your personal information is your own and you can elect not to access portions of the Site or use Site features that would require you to submit your personal information to us on our Site.
6. Security. We are very concerned with the safety and security of your sessions on our Site, the information you provide us online, and any transactions you conduct with us online. We have implemented
and maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards consistent with industry standard protocol to help guard your nonpublic personal information, including to protect against the loss, misuse, interception, access and alteration of information you send us. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those of our employees and our agents who need to know the information to enable us to provide our services to you.
7. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”). COPPA requires that web site operators never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting verifiable parental consent. In accordance with COPPA, we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. We recommend that no one under the age of 18 submit personally identifiable information to our Site. In the event that we determine that a user of this Site is under the age of 13, we will not maintain or use his or her personally identifiable information.
8. Hyperlinks. This Site contains hyperlinks or “links” to other sites, and other sites may “link” to this Site. Web sites linking to and from this Site may have different privacy practices from the ones described here. We are not responsible for the data collection, privacy and information sharing polices and procedures or the content of such web sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Site.
9. Use of the SAR Online Directory- This password-protected directory is for official school and alumni use, and also for individual communication of a personal nature between members listed herein. Use of this directory for any other purpose, including, but not limited to, reproducing and storing in a retrieval system by any means, electronic or mechanical, photocopying or using the addresses (electronic or otherwise) or other information in this directory for any commercial, political, or advocacy mailing is strictly prohibited and is in direct violation of copyright and constitutes misappropriation of corporate property. Such unauthorized use may also violate the rights of privacy and/or publicity of individuals listed herein and may constitute tortious interference with contractual relationships related to this publication.